Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Happy Birthday to Ben!

We had a small birthday celebration for Ben this year, complete with cake, party hats, a birthday banner and some homemade presents (melty bead creations made by the girls).


 
 Here are birthday photos from the last few years, for a fun comparison. 



I asked the girls a few questions about Ben this morning, and here's what they had to say about him:

1. What makes Daddy happy? 
Amelia: Coming home from work and seeing us.
Megan: His birthday.

2. What makes Daddy sad? 
Amelia and Megan:  I don't know.

  2.1.  What makes Mommy sad?
  Amelia: When we don't have good behavior.
  Megan: When people don't listen to her.

  2.2.  Now can you think of something that makes Daddy sad?
  Amelia and Megan: When we don't have good behavior.

3. How does Daddy make you laugh?
Amelia: He tickles me.
Megan: He tells jokes.  And he has pillow fights with us.

4. How old is Daddy? 
Megan: 59
Amelia: 36

5. How tall is Daddy?  
Megan: 5 feet tall
Amelia: 6 feet 3 inches tall

6. What does Daddy do when you're not around? 
Amelia: He makes cream cheese.
Megan: He goes to boring blah blah blah meetings.
Nathaniel: Blah blah blah blah

7. What is Daddy really good at? 
Amelia: I think he's good at making cream cheese.  Cooking chicken nuggets for us.
Megan: Making cream cheese.  And fixing things.

8. What is Daddy not really good at? 
Amelia: Is he good at making pancakes, because I don't think he is.  He's not good at eating potatoes.
Megan: Driving trains. 
Amelia: Looking like Mr. Potato Head.
Megan: Looking like Mrs. Potato Head.

9. What is Daddy's favorite food? 
Amelia: Cake.  And ice cream.
Megan:  Pizza.

10. What do you and Daddy do together?  
Amelia: Have fun.  Play with Nate.  Talk about what we did that day.
Megan: Play wii.

11:  How are you and Daddy the same?  
Megan: Hazel eyes.
Amelia: If his hair was long, it would be curly like mine when it's humid.  And we're both kind of bookworms, although he reads books on his ipad.  We both don't like tomatoes.

12. How are you and Daddy different? 
Megan: I like tomatoes, and he doesn't.  I don't like sauce, and he does.
Amelia: Oh, I know!  I'm a girl and he's a boy.  He has hazel eyes and I have blue eyes.  He has short hair and I have long hair.  He likes hot sauce and I hate it.  I don't have a computer and he does.

13. What is Daddy's name?  
Megan: Daddy.  Um, Ben.  Benjamin, I mean.
Amelia: Benjamin David Johnson
Nathaniel: Dada

14. How do you know Daddy loves you? 
Amelia: He gives us lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
Megan: Hugs.

15. Where is Daddy's favorite place to go? 
Amelia: The Market Street Diner because we do that on Tuesdays before he goes to work.
Megan:  The zoo.

16. What is Daddy's favorite color?  
Megan and Amelia: Green.  That was easy peasy to answer.

17. What does Daddy do at work?
Megan: He makes cream cheese.
Amelia: Go to meetings. Sometimes they're blah blah blah.
Nathaniel: Blah blah

18. If Daddy were in a movie that you liked, who would he be?
Amelia: I would want him to be that guy from the Lego movie, Emmett.  Everything is awesome!
Megan: Christoff from Frozen.

19.  What does Daddy like most about Mommy?
Megan: Her pancakes.
Amelia: That you love him.

20. Do you want to be just like Daddy when you're 36 years old?
Megan: No.  I just don't.  Because girls don't go to work and I don't want to go to work.
Amelia: No, because he's a boy and I'm a girl, and because boys don't have babies and I'm going to have babies, probably.  I thought of another reason - because I want to be president and he wants to be a daddy who makes cream cheese.

21.  What present should we give Daddy for his birthday?
Amelia: Maybe a Lego set because he likes Legos.
Megan: Maybe a new belt.

22.  What is Daddy made of?
Amelia: Bones, blood, muscles and skin.
Megan: Bones and blood.

23. Who is Daddy's best friend?
Amelia: Mommy and people at work.
Megan: Mommy.

24. What did Daddy like to do when he was the same age as you?
Amelia: Ride his bike and swim.
Megan: Play wii with his daddy.

25. If Daddy could go anywhere on vacation, where would he go?
Amelia: Russia.
Megan: Michigan.

26. What do you want Daddy to get you for Christmas?
Amelia:  That Grand Hotel Lego set, the one where you can switch it around and it looks different.
Megan: An American Girl doll.  Samantha.

27.  What does Daddy look like?
Megan: A dad.
Amelia: Like a guy who goes to work who has to wear these certain shirts.  
Megan: Like a house.
Amelia: Like a piece of chocolate cake.
Megan: Like an "A"

28. Which of Daddy's clothes do you like best?
Megan: His purple shirt.
Amelia: I like his Cardinal shirt.
Megan: His money shirt that's made out of money.
Amelia: His shirt that's made out of potatoes.  I'm just being funny.

29.  If Daddy was going to take you out on a special date, where would you want to go?
Megan:  Disney World!
Amelia: Mount Everest and Hawaii


30. What is Daddy's favorite book to read to you?
Amelia: Fox in Socks 
Megan: Once Upon a Time, The End
Amelia: More Bears 

1 comment:

  1. Megan's answer to number 20 still cracks me up! I think you might need to let her know that some people like going to work and doing their jobs :)

    I asked my kids number 19 and they both said my cakes which is so untrue because Brian is not a sweets person!

    ReplyDelete