Friday, January 16, 2015

Amelia's Christmas Break Journal

Amelia's homework over winter break was to write in a journal every day.  We expanded the book to cover all her days off, since we took her out of school two days to go down to Glen Carbon.  She was supposed to write about her favorite part of each day; here's what she chose to write about.  I have copied her writing exactly  :)

Saturday, December 20: Today after my family ate lunch we walked around inside the capitl.  We saw a picsher of the capitl and we got to see what was on top of Ms. freedoms head. (added by Marcie - it's a badger!)

Sunday, December 21: Today my family drove to my grandma and grandpa's house.  Well we were driving I lisened to a audio book.  We stoped at McDonlds for dinner.


Monday, December 22: Today my family and my grandma and grandpa went to a magic house.  My favorite place in the magic house was the magic tree house exibit.  I dressed up like Annie from thanksgiving on thursday.


Tuesday, December 23: Today me Megan Nate Mommy Daddy Grandma and Grandpa went to the botanical garden in St. Louis.  At the botanical garden we saw lots of winter scenes, we also saw some trains.  It was fun!


Wednesday, December 24: Today me Daddy Grandpa and Grandma went to church with Aunt Anna Uncle Dan and Abby.  Megan could not go becus she was sick.  After church we went to Aunt Anna Uncle Dan and and Abby's house for Dinner.  When we got home we left out food for Santa claus and his reindeer!


Thursday, December 25: Today I had lots of fun!  My favorite presents were a American girl doll from Mommy and Daddy and a Lego friends cruise ship from Grandma and Grandpa.  My family gave granma a purple robe.  It was so soft!


 Friday, December 26: Today we had to leave Grandma and Grandpas house.  I was soooo sad to leave thar house becas I had soooo much fun!  But I had fun in the car anyway!  I listened to the boxcar children The Hockey Mystery audio book.  (added by Marcie - Both Elsa's were trying to help Ben drive the car in the Bloomington Cracker Barrel parking lot)


Saturday, December 27: Today I could not wait untill Daddy ate brektfast so we could build my lego friends cruise chip . It was so cool!


Sunday, December 28: Tonight was movie night.  We watched Barbie and the island Princess.  Today we also went ice skating.  It was so fun!  I can go around by myself.  (added by Marcie - Ben took them ice skating while I stayed home with Nathaniel, so I don't have any photos)


Monday, December 29: Today was not very exciting.  I played with Aiden outside on my playset while Megan and Mommy were at the library.  I also read some boxcar children books.


Tuesday, December 30: Today we drove to our other grandma and grandpa's house.  On the way thar we stopped to play at our cusins natalie and noah's house to play.  Me and Noah drew invencins.  After that me megan natalie and noah played pirit penguins. (added by Marcie - Amelia's invention is a moving cat on wheels that has eight arms and rooms where you can meet God and the president.)


Wednesday, December 31: Today we celabratid christmas again.  I could not wait.  I also got to play with Noah and Natalie again.  I got a Frozen night gown and Frozen slippers.


 Thursday, January 1: Today was so fun!  We got to eat monkey bread for brekfist.  My favorite part was getting to watch movies all day.  My favorite movie we watched was the boxcar children 1.  We wore our pjs on all day.


Friday, January 2: Today was so fun.  Me megan and mommy went on a exploring walk and took some picchers.  Some of the picshers are in the pocet.  We pretended to be Louis and clark the explorers.'

Saturday, January 3: Today I played with Aiden.  Today I also played Frozen slides battle ship clue and some other games.  My favorite game we played was a sofia the first.


Sunday, January 4: Today me and Megan played in the snow.  We ate a lot of snow.  When we got inside we got to have some hot chocolet.


Her teacher wrote "I'm so glad you had such a fun break and read a lot!  Thanks for including the pictures!"

2 comments:

  1. I love Amelia's face when she's receiving her Frozen gown. So precious! I enjoyed this little window into your daughter's sweet personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was only one word that I wasn't sure what it was because I couldn't figure out the context. Is "pocet" pocket? Did you put pictures in a pocket to send to school? Oh wait, I just figured it out because she drew an arrow to the top of the page after the word pocet. I like how much she wrote!

    ReplyDelete