Monday, November 21, 2011

More Hands on Play Ideas - Large Scale Coloring

This was such a hit at our house!  I had a huge roll of wrapping paper that got a little water damaged, so I laid out two big sheets upside down on the floor and taped the edges down.  Then we put the marker and crayon bin down in the middle of the paper and went to town.



I did a lot of drawing, while Megan scribbled and Amelia colored in my drawings.  This is one of those times where I wish I could draw more than just stick people and houses.  I still draw like I'm six years old.  We did get creative, and I drew out the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears and we told the story through pictures.  Oh, and this day, Amelia said she was being "favorite color girl" because she picked out a purple shirt, pink pants, and red socks.  Those are her favorite colors right now.

The next morning at breakfast, Molly started attacking the sheets of paper, and so we had to lay down a new piece and start again.  This time, Amelia asked if I would draw a street, so we ended up drawing our neighborhood with a fire station, apple orchard, pumpkin patch, ice cream store and park.  Then Amelia got out the cars, and the girls played with cars on the streets.  It was really cute.


Then Grandpa came and decided that the cars should go off-road!



And then Megan got sleepy:


Oh and Megan loves markers now.  By the end of the day, she had marker all over her face, neck, hands and clothes.  Good thing it's washable!  And Amelia had to wear her red shirt today, just for Grandpa, because she knows red is his favorite color!  And we picked out Megan's softy outfit especially for Grandpa, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment