Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gingerbread House

When Ben went to Ikea last week, he brought back a gingerbread house kit that he got for $1.  I had been planning on making a gingerbread house from scratch, but the premade kit was so nice and easy.  One of the side pieces was broken, but I glued it with some royal icing, and it has held up fine.  And even though it was prepackaged, it still smells delicious.  Ben helped Amelia do the decorating - he piped on the icing, and she put the candy in place.  She had a great time!


Amelia had the idea to put a smartie in each of the squares on the roof.  Good thing we had a lot of smarties leftover from Halloween.  :)  Here is the finished gingerbread house:





Here is the outfit that Amelia picked out to wear that day:

 

I asked her if she thought that outfit went together, and she looked at me like I was crazy and said "Of course it goes together - it's flowers and butterflies!"  What could I say?

1 comment: