Saturday, April 12, 2014

First time at the park in 2014

We walked to and from school again on Wednesday, since it was 58 degrees again.  This time I was smart and brought the sit and stand stroller, so that Megan could ride all the way to school.  On the way home, the girls played for a while at the school playground, and then we stopped again at the firetruck playground to break up the walk.  It's about halfway between our house and school, so it made a perfect stopping place.


The girls had a great time playing with each other, although they were a little perturbed that I couldn't play with them as much as I normally do.  Nathaniel was getting grumpy in his car seat, so I had to hold him most of the time.  Amelia invented a new game called Hide the Shoe, in which either Megan or I would hide her shoe while she had to try to find it without getting her shoeless foot on the wood chips.  That was fun, until she got mad that Megan filled her shoe up with wood chips, and I had to put an end to the game.


I didn't think they would have much luck sliding down the center of the slide, but they claimed it was fun.


It took us an hour and 45 minutes to walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment