Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wisconsin Wildflower Photos

And once again it's time for our annual photos in the beautiful Wisconsin wildflowers!


This time, I couldn't take the kids to the park by our house because the hill had hardly any dandelions on it.  Either the city had sprayed for weeds (which I can't imagine them doing) or they mowed at just the wrong time.  So we went to the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the playground behind Amelia's school.  It was perfect, just covered in dandelions, and they mowed two days later, so we got in just in time.  I took the pictures of Megan during Amelia's soccer practice on Sunday, and then we stopped by for a few minutes right after school the next day, and it was even cloudy so the light was perfect.  


Nathaniel was not in a smiley mood, and I clearly liked the patch of dandelion over on the left side of the kids, because all my photos have the kids on the right third.  Interesting.  And now for a few outtakes:


This is the fourth year I've taken dandelion photos in Wisconsin, and it's fun to look back and see how the kids have grown up.   Here's last year, 2013, and 2012.  This year, I'd say peak dandelion season has been May 1st through May 8th, so spring is a little earlier than normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment