Saturday, May 17, 2014

Amelia's Ballet Recital

Amelia is at her ballet recital right now; Ben and Megan went to watch her today, and I am going to go tomorrow with Mom and Dad.  Last night was her rehearsal and it went really well.  She told me that she was a little nervous beforehand, but she had fun on the stage.


She knew all the steps, which were very busy and jumpy with lots of jetes, balances and pas de chats, and she was determined to do them all.  Of course, since the dancers were all 5 and 6 years old, they didn't all do the steps in unison...


The music for her dance was "Let's Go Fly a Kite" from Mary Poppins.


This ballet studio had a lot of very specific rules for hair and makeup, which explains why Amelia's hair is parted on the right and glued back to her scalp with a slick stick and tons of bobby pins.  It was a challenge to get her hair in a bun, but the (required) hair net did help, and I think she looks really cute:


I took a video (with my phone in my left hand while I was using my DSLR in the right hand - go me!) but I'll have to put it up later, since I can't figure out how to get it off my new phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment