Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we made a thankful tree on the wall in our hallway, and every day the girls added a new leaf that said something they were thankful for.  The girls loved this because they got to tape things to the wall.  (Taping things to the wall may be Amelia’s favorite thing now; in addition to the drawings taped up in her room, she also has flowers, coins, barrettes, yarn, beads and bracelets taped on her wall.)  We talked about what being thankful means, and I started out every day by telling the girls what I was thankful for.  It only took a few days before Amelia was reminding me to fill out the thankful leaves and writing hers herself (with some spelling help, of course).  


Here is what the girls are thankful for; they came up with these all by themselves


Amelia said
   Two nice cats
   Grandma Jane
   Grandpa Jeff
   Good food
   Mommy
   Megan
   Santa Claus
   Ben Daddy
   Ms Bootumle and Ms. Harin  (Ms. Bottomley and Mrs. Herron)
   Grandma and Grandpa
   Mommy is a good baker
   Baby Abby
   Grace

Megan said
   Sophie
   Molly
   Amelia
   Nice house
   Mommy
   Snuggles
   Daddy
   Bubbles
   Aunt B
   Bread

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm thankful for Megan too! And Amelia. And definitely bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to post my list because it's funny! You made the list before I did (I think)!

    ReplyDelete