Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Choosing Pumpkins....

....in the snow!


I told the girls we could pick out pumpkins to carve after school, since the temperature isn't supposed to get any warmer in the next 10 days.  Little did I expect that it would start to snow as we drove the two miles to the pumpkin farm!  The girls were THRILLED to see snow in the air, and wanted to do nothing more than run around the rows of pumpkins with their tongues stuck out trying to catch the big, fat snowflakes on their tongues.


Megan got cold pretty quickly because we had taken the fleece liner out of her coat, so I forced them to choose their pumpkins quickly, and then got Megan in the car to warm up while Amelia kept running around.  The girls remind me of Becky and me choosing pumpkins - they wanted to find one with a perfect shape, and they didn't like the fact that the pumpkins were dirty!  I told the girls that they could give their pumpkins a bath after school tomorrow. 


Maybe this will convince Megan that she should wear her winter coat without fussing from now on..... but I doubt it.  She's pretty stubborn!

No comments:

Post a Comment