Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheer Wisconsin

One of our favorite places to visit this winter is an open gym at Cheer Wisconsin, a place that teaches cheerleading and gymnastics.  Some weekday mornings, they open the gym to preschoolers, and let them play on the cushy mats and the trampoline.  They also have slides and cars, bouncy balls and hula hoops, a play kitchen and building blocks.  It's a great place to run around when the weather is cold and windy.

On the way to preschool this morning, Amelia asked if we could go to the trampoline place, so we went as soon as preschool was over.  We had the place to ourselves, which was fantastic, because then we could bounce on the trampoline as much as we wanted.  The instructor, Heike, stands by the trampoline to make sure no one falls off, and she helped Amelia learn to do a few different kinds of bounces.  This time she learned how to drop on her bottom then bounce back onto her feet.  I tried it, and it's not easy!  I think Amelia spent about 40 minutes on the trampoline today (not all at one time).  Megan also likes the trampoline, but I have to bounce on my knees while holding on to her, and so it tires me out pretty quickly.


I only had my camera with me, and it's impossible to get photos of a kid on a trampoline with a camera phone, so please excuse the poor quality.  I just thought it would be fun for you to see how high she can jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment