Tuesday, October 23, 2012

These Boots Are Made for Stompin'


This morning was so gray and foggy and dreary; then it started drizzling, then thundering, and then pouring down rain.  But by the time we got home from preschool, the rain had stopped and it was warm outside!  Well, at least warm for Wisconsin at the end of October...  The girls immediately wanted to put on their rain boots and find some puddles to stomp in.   We found a great big puddle on our walking path, and both girls enjoyed splashing through it.  We practiced hopping, tiptoeing, walking on our heels, walking as quietly as we could, and then stomping as hard as we could.  By the time we were done, the girls pants were soaking wet.


They wanted to walk a little further down the path so they could carry their umbrellas, even though it wasn't raining.  We had a little argument about which direction to walk; Amelia wanted to go right and Megan wanted to go left, so we distracted Megan and I told Amelia we would just walk to the top of the little hill.  When we got there, she said "That was just a little tiny hill.  How about we walk down the hill then turn around and walk back to the top?"  Then Megan said "Carry me, please?  Pretty, pretty, pretty please?" with her big puppy dog eyes.  It turns out that I am a pushover.


And then I made them stop so I could take a few photos with the last remaining beautiful yellow leaves in the background.  


 And I tried to get a photo of the two together (I bribed them with the promise of hot chocolate) and this was the best I could get.  Amelia is making a very silly face!  I think this was when I was telling them I was going to put pickles in their hot chocolate instead of marshmallows.


We had such a nice time playing and being silly, and then heading home for some yummy hot chocolate; it was one of those moments that I wish I could bottle up and save.  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s (!) so as long as the rain holds off, we're definitely playing outside after preschool again.  We have to take advantage of the nice days while we can - Ben says there are snow flurries in the forecast for Saturday.  Boo.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about those moments you wish you could just bottle up and save! I love being silly. :)

    ReplyDelete