Sunday, August 21, 2011

Banana Bread

I do not like banana bread, but Amelia does.  Or, at least, she used to, even though she says now that she doesn't like it at all.  Anyway, I had some bananas that were starting to get very brown and I thought I'd make banana bread for my girls to eat for breakfast.  Usually they eat cereal, with toast as a special treat, and I've been starting to think that that is very boring (especially after I found a menu board where the mom was going to serve french toast sticks, pancakes and omelets for breakfast during the week).

Both Amelia and Megan loved it.  I thought it was okay - good, moist texture, but tasted like bananas.

Banana Bread
makes 1 large loaf

1/2 cup butter,softened
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini chips are best)
2 medium bananas, mashed (or 1 cup)


Cream the butter and sugar.  Add eggs, then vanilla and lemon juice, stirring until mixed.

Add dry ingredients, stirring until mixed.

Add yogurt, chocolate chips and bananas.  Stir just until combined.

Pour into 9 x 5" loaf pan (the large size) and bake at 325F for 65 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment