Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekly Food Challenge - Sweet Corn


I posted a recipe for Sweet Corn Risotto on our Weekly Food Challenge blog, but as I was browsing for ideas, I came across another sweet corn recipe that I wanted to try.  Ben loved it, Megan and I liked it, and Amelia tried it and said "I'm not sure what I think about this" and then ate snow peas for lunch.  This is a great different use for leftover chicken or turkey.

Thai Chicken and Corn Cakes
serves 2


2 ears fresh corn,cut from the cobs (1 cup) 
1 cooked chicken breast, ground or pureed
1 tbsp finely minced shallots
1 tbsp finely minced garlic 
1 tbsp finely minced cilantro 
1 tbsp Red Curry Paste 
1 tsp sugar (try leaving out next time) 
1/4 tsp ground pepper 
1/4 cup flour 
1/4 tsp salt 
1 egg

vegetable oil for frying
dipping sauce (I used Thai sweet chili sauce)

Combine all ingredients except oil in large mixing bowl and mix well.  Add more flour or eggs if needed until the mixture holds together well.  Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, fry 4 cakes at a time by dropping large spoonfuls of batter into the pan an patting down a bit to form cake. Fry for 2-3 minutes until browned and flip patty. Cook other side for about 2 minutes. Remove to paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat procedure for remaining batter, makes 10 patties depending on size. Serve with dipping sauc.

1 comment: