Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Salmon Cakes

I made some very tasty Stuffed Chicken Breasts for our food challenge this week, but then I had to think of something to do with all the leftover crackers.  So, I decided to branch out and cook some salmon cakes.  Now, I like grilled salmon, but I wasn't sure that I would like canned salmon at all, especially when I opened the can and smelled the overwhelming fishy smell.  Yuck.  But, these were delicious, and I am going to add them to my dinner menu planner, whenever I get that organized.  Ben enjoyed them with a Thai chili sauce, and Megan LOVED them (she ate half of one all by herself!) but Amelia did not care for them.

Salmon Cakes
serves 5


2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 (6 oz) cans skinless, boneless salmon
30 Vegetable Ritz crackers, crushed, divided
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dry mustard

Saute the onion in the olive oil until softened.  Drain the salmon.  Combine onion, salmon, half the crackers, eggs, parsley and mustard.  The mixture will be very soft, so refrigerate for 2 hours before forming patties.

Once cold, form into five patties.  Coat patties in remaining cracker crumbs.

Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, turning patties over half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment