Monday, January 13, 2014

Success!

It's my first day taking care of all three kids completely by myself (Ben is in Lowville all week), and it's 8pm, and everyone is asleep!  Or at least everyone is in bed and quiet.  I'm pretty sure Megan is laying in bed playing with her dreamlite, but at least she isn't talking.  And we all had a very nice and happy day!



In addition to nursing the baby, feeding the girls, packing Amelia's lunch and snack, and getting Amelia to school on time, I gave both girls a bath, did a load of laundry, cleaned my room, did dishes, cleaned half a bathroom, made sure the girls did their chores, read books with Megan and did the grocery shopping.  I managed to get Nathaniel to take two good naps in his crib, even laying him down drowsy but awake once, and I didn't even have to spend hours shushing him to get him to sleep.  That list of accomplishments may not sound that impressive, but I am extremely pleased.  :)

To be fair, Amelia had girl scouts after school, so I didn't have to wake the baby up from his nap to drag him out in the cold, and we picked up Culver's takeout for dinner, and the girls watched a movie while eating dinner.  But STILL. 

Now I just have to figure out how to get the driveway and sidewalk cleared if we really do get the 5" of snow that is predicted for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! Sounds like a very successful and productive day.

    ReplyDelete