Friday, October 14, 2011

Really Good Brownies

At my MOPS meeting this week, I had a brownie that may very well have been the best brownie I have ever had.  And the woman who brought it left copies of the recipe next to the plate of brownies (isn't that a smart idea?  Note to self: remember that the next time I bring food to a potluck.)  I decided to make a batch yesterday, and Amelia wanted to help.  As a reward for helping, I let her lick the beater after we were done making the frosting.



These were a big hit in our house!  Amelia caught me sneaking a little taste after breakfast this morning and wanted to know why she couldn't have brownies for breakfast.  Oops!  I intend to take some to our new neighbors who just moved in and Amelia wants to take some to her friends Cosette and Georgia who live down the block. 

Really Good Brownies


Brownies:
1 cup butter
4 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips

Melt chocolate and butter together in a large bowl.  Add sugar and let cool for a bit.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.  Add vanilla, then flour and mix.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour into a 9 x 13" pan (spray with PAM baking spray) and bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter.  Stir in cocoa powder.  Alternate adding powdered sugar and milk, beating on medium speed until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment