Saturday, October 1, 2011

S'mores Pancakes

Yes, this is very possibly the least healthy dinner I have ever served my children (although it is definitely more healthy than David's Triple Chocolate Pancakes that he served Amelia and I for dinner two years ago.)  But it was a gray and rainy fall day and I was in the mood for something cozy and yummy (and quick) for dinner.  And my girls had already taken baths and put their pajamas on, so we needed to do PJ Pancake Dinner night.

It probably doesn't need to be spelled out, but everybody LOVED these pancakes.  I made a few plain, and you could barely taste the graham crackers, so next time I might add a few larger chunks of graham crackers while they are cooking.  I also made a few just with chocolate chips, and those were good, too.  But the ones with the marshmallows were the best (although next time I will use a few more marshmallows, because if you're going to eat these pancakes for dinner, you might as well go all out with the marshmallows.)

Graham Cracker Pancake recipe from We Are Not Martha.

S'mores Pancakes

serves 2 adults and 2 children
(makes 19 regular sized pancakes)


1 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder  
1/2 tsp salt 
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 crackers)
1 egg, beaten 
2 tbsp butter, melted 
1 1/4 cup milk

mini chocolate chips
mini marshmallows


Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add wet ingredients.  Stir until just combined.  Ladle onto hot griddle.  Immediately top with chocolate chips and marshmallows.  When bubbles appear and underside is golden brown, flip.


Serve plain.  (Or, to be completely decadent, top with marshmallow fluff or chocolate sauce.  We did not do this because I was too lazy to make them.)

3 comments:

  1. Those look DE-lish! Too bad I didn't have mini marshmallows or chocolate chips or else I would have made them last night. I have regular size of both if the above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these tonight and I was quite disappointed. They were pretty dry. I hadn't used syrup but I probably should have. Also when I turned them onto to the side of the marshmallows, the marshmallows disappeared. I had to turn them back over onto the top, put more marshmallows in the holes and let them melt a little. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried mixing the marshmallows in the batter but it did the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, that is very strange! We didn't think they were dry at all, so I wonder what the difference was? Did you measure the 3/4 cup crackers? I didn't, I just used 8 whole crackers. I think I used whole milk, too, so maybe that made a difference? And as far as the marshmallows, mine melted, but they didn't disappear. I used somewhat stale Kraft mini-marshmallows (I wonder if being somewhat stale helped?)

    ReplyDelete